8 AM - 8 PM SUNDAY-THURSDAY +1.8189431988
HOLISTIC NUTRITION COUNSELING
1. Place the raw (tan/light green in color) buckwheat in a bowl of water and set aside in the frig over night. Additionally place the almonds in a separate bowl of water and set aside in the frig over night. Drain and thoroughly rinse the buckwheat and almonds. The buckwheat typically gets a little slimy after soaking, do not worry, just rinse off the slime ;).
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F
3. Combine the buckwheat and sesame seeds in a large bowl. Roughly chop the almonds using a food processor and add them to the buckwheat mix.
4. Add the tahini, maple syrup or date syrup, vanilla extract, salt, and cocoa powder to the large bowl. Mix together until buckwheat and almonds are evenly coated.
5. Spread mixture out in an even THIN layer on a lined baking sheet and press firmly with the back of a spatula to ensure that the mixture is compact. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven, flip granola in large chunks, and place back in oven to bake for another 10 minutes, stirring every 3-4 minutes until toasted and fragrant. The dark color of the granola makes it hard to tell if it is cooked or not, so go by smell. Another good way to test it is by tasting an almond, which takes the longest to cook – it should taste nutty and pleasantly roasted.
ENJOY THIS TASTY & HEALTHY TREAT :)
Chocolate Buckwheat Granola
Join our TOTAL BODY DETOX Group
Starting Wednesday January 4th
online & recorded
9:30 am PCT / 12:30 pm EST
3 cups raw buckwheat, soaked over-night, drained, rinsed
2 cup raw almonds, soaked over-night, drained, rinsed
1/4 cup sesame seeds, should be tan in color (means the hull / calcium layer is still attached)
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup grade b maple syrup or date syrup
1/8 cup tahini
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup cocoa/cacao powder